THE STANDARD ROADMAP SERIES
Functional Strategies for the Management of Gastrointestinal Disorders | Principles and Protocols for Healthcare Professionals
by Dr Thomas Guilliams PhD
Written by Thomas G. Guilliams, PhD, Functional Strategies for the Management of Gastrointestinal Disorders is part of The Standard Road Map Series, and answers complex questions related to the core gastrointestinal functions. Key areas discussed in this text include:
- Functional support for digestion and absorption
- Supporting the microbial ecosystems in the gut
- Probiotics as therapeutic agents in chronic disease
- An in-depth look at functional GI disorders
- The importance of proper detoxification and elimination
- The gut barrier as a first line of defence against disease
This beautifully illustrated reference guide discusses clinically relevant advances in the area of GI function and dysfunction, while providing information to put these principles into action.
Functional Strategies for the Management of Gastrointestinal Disorders is a recommended accompanying text for ACAAM CLM2 Nutrition & Detoxification, providing further insight and references for the content covered in this Core Learning Module.