The next date for this Module is Tuesday 3 - Wednesday 4 March at the Pullman Hyde Park, Sydney
click on " Are you attending?" above to register
"Genetics, lifestyle and disease processes affect the rate of ageing between and within all individuals. As we pinpoint the influences on how we age, we can think about new and more effective interventions that may prevent disease and promote healthy ageing"
- Healthy Ageing Lessons from the Baltimore Longitudinal Study of Ageing
Metabolic syndrome is a cluster of conditions that occur together, increasing your risk of heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes. These conditions include increased blood pressure, high blood sugar, excess body fat around the waist, and abnormal cholesterol or triglyceride levels.
- Mayo Clinic 2019
As primary care providers, it's important we can diagnose, treat and provide preventive interventions for the metabolic syndrome. Early detection and interventions may reduce the occurrence of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
Metabolic Disorders and the Ageing Process is a 2-day interactive workshop examining major metabolic disorders contributing to the acceleration of the ageing process.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Open to all medical and healthcare practitioners, this workshop will assist you in determining which clients are at risk for the metabolic syndrome, how metabolic syndrome presents in your patients, preventive diagnostic considerations, and management and treatment options.
WHAT IS COVERED
- Increase your understanding of a preventative, integrative and anti-ageing medicine approach in the diagnosis and treatment of metabolic disorders.
- Focus on the integration of the pillars of anti-ageing medicine including: exercise and lifestyle, diet and nutrition, hormones, genetics, supplementation and medication where indicated
- Examine the group of metabolic conditions associated with metabolic syndrome
- Review the processes of insulin resistance, define specific treatment protocols, and examine the pathways leading to obesity
- Discuss the latest weight loss treatment protocols
- Analyse the risk factors for heart disease and how common cardiovascular disorders accelerate the ageing process
- Discuss case studies and treatment protocols
- Interpret the latest diagnostic tests
WORKSHOP LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Discuss and understand processes of insulin resistance and define specific treatment protocols
- Understand pathways leading to obesity and discuss the latest weight loss treatment protocols
- Review risk factors for heart disease, and how common cardiovascular disorders accelerate the ageing process
- Learn how diabetes affects individuals and discuss management and treatment protocols
- Review laboratory tests to evaluate insulin resistance, diabetes, and risk factors for heart disease
The Metabolic Disorders and the Ageing Process is Module 3 of The A5M Certification Program in Anti-Ageing Medicine (ACAAM). Modules can be completed in any order and can be taken as stand-alone workshops or as part of the complete program.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE?
ACAAM Module 3: Metabolic Disorders & the Ageing Process is being held in Sydney on Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 March 2020.
Register to attend this 2 day event by clicking here.
A5M Medical Education - Providing training, certification and continuing education in Preventative, Integrative & Anti-Ageing Medicine
www.a5m.net | +61 3 9853 4123 | ABN 79 763 657 407