THE SEVEN PILLARS OF ANTI-AGEING
Disabilities associated with normal ageing are caused by physiological dysfunctions which in many cases respond to medical treatment to help increase the human lifespan and enhance quality of life in later years.
We no longer accept generalities about ‘growing older’ like genetic predisposition, environment, lifestyle or natural physiological processes. Anti-Ageing Medicine clearly defines a multi-disciplinary regimen with a number of treatment protocols to provide a more holistic approach to the ultimate in preventative medicine.
THE 7 PILLARS OF ANTI-AGEING
1. Hormones – Beyond HGH, T2, HRT, hormone therapy has shifted the ageing paradigm
2. Diet & Nutrition – Our dietary choices contribute significantly to the ageing process
3. Pathology – The need for early detection and prevention of degenerative diseases
4. Inflammation – Inflammatory response is the result of a complicated chain of events
5. Cognitive Function and Mood Disorders – Mental functions that last a lifetime mean regular brain exercise
6. Exercise & Physiology – Exercise increases levels of HGH and testosterone while it oxygenates blood vessels for beneficial effects
7. Genetics – Genetic research is an area seeing profound and remarkable changes
Adrenal Fatigue is when your adrenal glands no longer function properly often due to prolonged stress or illness.
It also appears in historical literature as:
• Adrenal insufficiency
• Sub-clinical hypoadrenia
• Subclinical Addison's hypoadrenia
• Minor Addison's
• Functional hypoadrenia
The World Health Organisation recognised Adrenal Fatigue in 20101.
1. Tintera, John W. The hypoadrenocortical state and its management. New York State Journal of Medicine 1955 v.55;13: p 1869-76
2. Harrower, Henry.P ractical Endocrinology. 1932, 2nd ed. Harrower Laboratory, Glendale CA. p270-1
3. Harrower, Henry.Practical Endocrinology. 1932, 2nd ed. Harrower Laboratory, Glendale CA. p270-1
4. Harrower, Henry. Practical organotherapy. 1922,3rd ed. Harrower Laboratory, Glendale CA. p119
5 . Sajous, C. E. deM. The Internal Secretions and the Principles of Medicine. 1920 Vol.1 P 83
6. Hoskins, Roy G. The Tides of Life. Norton & Co., NY 1933 p.52
But there is hope for people with these conditions. Your health professional can test you and if you have low adrenal function, will work with you to develop an effective program to restore your health. In most mild cases, simple changing to your eating and daily life can make a noticeable difference in how you feel.
•Read more about Adrenal Fatigue
•Find an A5M trained health professional